Non-fiction Review - Attached at the Heart by Barbara Nicholson and Lysa Parker
Release Date - August 2013
Barbara Nicholson & Lysa Parker
Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth
One thing that I immediately noticed with Attached at the Heart is the writing style. This isn't a parenting guide that is written to sound more like a textbook than helpful guide, it's personable and engaging, even when numerous sources are given.
The book is divided into eight principles:
- Charting a New Course
- Prepare Yourself for Birth, Pregnancy, and Parenting
- Feed With Love and Respect
- Responding With Sensitivity
- Using Nuturing Touch
- Ensure Safe Sleep
- Provide Consistent, Loving Care
- Practice Positive Discipline
- Strive for Balance in Your Personal and Family Life
Do I agree with everything they say? No, but I do agree with a lot of what they say and feel that makes it a very worthwhile book.